MYP 7.3.6: Plastics and polymers
- Understand what we mean by the terms plastic and polymer ("many
- Understand the need for recycling
- Know that most plastics are manufactured using fossil fuels as the
- Know that the properties of the plastic can be modified
- Understand the concepts of bio and non-biodegradability
Examining a series of plastic and polymer samples and discussing appearance,
properties and uses. Small samples could be subject to heat, acid and
base to show chemical property:
What is each type of polymer used for?
What property of the polymer is important for that use?
Building Blocks: Section 1 - Polymers and Composites p118-125