Unit 1: What is chemistry?
- understand the underlying kinetic theory of matter
- appreciate the role of chemistry in the understanding of materials
- to develop a scientific methodology in investigations.
- understand the classifications of pure substances and appreciate the
need for purification
- recognise the importance of measurement and units.
- appreciate experimental inaccuracy and be able to express it.
- be able to use very large and very small numbers through scientific
notation (standard form)
Unit 1 - Scheme of Work