Acids and bases: 9.5.7 - Thermometric titration
- Know that acids and bases are categories of substances with characteristic
- Know that the strength of an acid or base can be measured on the pH
- Be aware of the uses of acids and bases in everyday life
- Be able to prepare salts by neutralisation reactions
- Be able to write equations for the reactions of acids with metal hydroxides,
oxides. carbonates and hydrogencarbonates.
- Know that the reaction between acids and bases is exothermic
Discussion of the experiment to be performed
Experimental investigation using sodium hydroxide and three strong acids.