Acids and bases - 9.5.2: The pH scale
- Understand that acid is a general term for a group of chemicals
- be able to use and predict the effect of indicators on acids and
- be able to recall the three mineral acids with their formulae and
state the salts formed by them.
- recognise the presence of the H+ ion as the cause of acidity and
the OH- ion as the cause of basicity
- understand the use of moles in calculation of concentration
- recall and construct equations for the four common reactions of acids.
- work with care and recognise the dangers associated with corrosive
The pH scale and universal indicator