MYP 7.3.0: The World Around Us
Objectives - land
- Pure substances and mixtures (revision of kinetic theory)
- To understand that the resources of the earth are the rocks and minerals,
air and water
- To understand that the earth has evolved through several billion years
- To understand the difference between rocks, minerals and ores
- To understand the concept of classification
- To understand the difference between igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic
- To know that everything must be either a mixture or a pure substance.
- To know that the pure substances may be categorised as elements or
- To know that the elements are shown in the Periodic Table.