Unit 10.5.1: Fossil fuels and the carbon cycle
- To understand the cyclic balance of carbon in the environment
- To know that coal, oil and natural gas (hydrocarbon deposits) are
- To understand the process of biogenesis of fossil fuels
Fossil fuels video and discussion to include:
- Man's influence on the carbon
- Global warming (the oceans as a carbon dioxide sink)
- Hydrocarbon deposit stocks
Student follow up
Diagram of the carbon cycle in exercise books.
Explanation of human factors that influence the carbon cycle balance.
Powerpoint - Fossil fuels
future without oil?